Monday, January 7, 2008

Yogi Berra's greatest "hits"

* "He must have made that before he died." -- Referring to a Steve McQueen movie.

* "I'd find the fellow who lost it, and, if he was poor, I'd return it." -- When asked what he would do if he found a million dollars.

* "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."

* When asked: “Should I cut your pizza into four slices or six?” "You better cut it into in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

* Once, Yogi's wife Carmen asked, "Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?" Yogi replied, "Surprise me."

* "Do you mean now?" -- When asked for the time.

* "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." -- After being told he looked cool.

* "I'd say he's done more than that." -- When asked if first baseman Don Mattingly had exceeded expectations for the current season.

* "You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."

No comments: