Monday, June 2, 2008

With all due respect, Barack...

Obama:
"The right wing, the Christian right, has done a good job of building these organizations of accountability, much better than the left or progressive forces have. But it's always easier to organize around intolerance, narrow-mindedness, and false nostalgia."
If this is what he thinks of me and my friends, you'll excuse me if I don't vote for him this fall. Granted, I've seen some intolerance, narrow-mindedness and false nostalgia in my circles (evangelical, mostly politically conservative) but not near as much as I've witnessed coming out of Barack's church. It's nice that he left there, just in time for the fall campaign, so here's some good advice for him as he looks for a new fellowship.
Dear Sen. Obama,

Now that you are back on the market, so to speak, having abandoned your church home of two decades to allow your friends to "worship in peace", I'd like to invite you to consider my church. Let me tell you a little bit about it...

No comments: