Monday, December 1, 2008

That's just sick!

"That" being yours truly. Here's some advice: If you wake up and are coming down with something, running a 10K race as fast as you possibly can under the conditions will NOT help your body fight or minimize the incipient cold.

Hopefully I'll be fully healthy by the big marathon next weekend (I feel a little better today), but I only got about 100 miles in in November, compared to my "normal" average of close to 200. You are supposed to train harder for a marathon, not less, but it is what it is and if I'm healthy I should still be able to make the Boston qualifying standard for 55 year olds (3:45:59 or less) and qualify for the Boston Marathon in 2010. If I have a REALLY good day I may break 3:35:59 and qualify for a BM in 2009 (no comments on that last phrase, please!).

Right now a REALLY good day would be one with as much energy as the average septuagenarian. Have you ever coughed until your stomach ached? You don't miss it, do you?

1 comment:

Ted G said...

"..and qualify for a BM in 2009 (no comments on that last phrase, please!)."

I don't get it. Could you explain it to me? Pictures would help.